I stumbled across this article that perfectly describes how I feel about what is happening to Bachata. I’m more of a traditionalist, enjoying the fun footwork, playfulness and connection of Bachata. I also love the Bachata Tango Fusion that Wendy and Rodrigo (see photo) of RW Latin Dance (Charlotte NC) teach.
Do not try to contort my body into uncomfortable or ridiculously intimate positions because I immediately go into survival mode, ESPECIALLY if I don’t know you because I don’t trust you yet. Instructors, please be more responsible in teaching these dances. At the very least, let your students know that there is a time and a place for everything.
Read the article here : http://theperfectfollow.com/why-i-dont-dance-bachata-anymore/
So that’s why dancing feels so good!
The Health Benefits of Salsa Dancing
Dancing is a fantastic way to let loose and have fun and it also provides some awesome physical and mental benefits for your health:
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight management
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.
So what are you waiting for? Do something wonderful for yourself and sign up for a class! http://salsanc.com/1NmjKcu
This is what you missed last week at Baile con Sazón Studio. Bachata, Black Belt Salsa and Ladies Styling with Tonya. Don’t make the same mistake this week!
Social dancing with Baile con Sazón Dance Co in Fayetteville NC. We teach how to dance Salsa, Black Belt Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha Cha, Merengue, all social Latin dances. We offer Kizomba, styling, footwork, Rueda de Casino, Bomba and tons of other Latin Dance workshops.